We are looking to raise awareness of local charities, and this month it is Resolve who look to help people with substance abuse difficulties. Grant Shapps supports them and I have been impressed with Resolve’s CEO, Joe Heeney, and his comittment to this cause. If you were thinking of offerring a confidential help line for your staff you can find Joe’s details on www.resolve-online.org.
This might be a good idea, because when we were looking at alcohol issues in Hatfield, it was clear that the NHS facilities were very hard to find. In fact when you did track them down, the office had been closed. Not everyone wants to visit their GP and get a record of alcohol or drug abuse. It is more common than you think, very treatable, but left alone can be destructive. You may not have many drug problems, but if you employ several people you will probably have some alcohol issues. Joe will be happy to visit you to discuss matters further. 01707 690739 – Hatfield Outreach Team 07982 921 813
As a Caring Employer Think Resolve.
Additional info. The primary points are –
- Free to Access Adult drug and alcohol structured treatment service.
- Provide a range of services – all can be found on web site. www.resolve-online.org.
- Two service centres, Welwyn Garden and Hatfield with plans to expand across the county.
- Family support services at both sites.
- Work with other agencies and can refer as required
- Not funded Government/County and need to raise our funding through Grant, Donations and our own fundraising activities.
- We have recently come together with a number of Hertfordshire based charities, to form a consortium known as “Herts Impact” with a view to joining forces for upcoming county contracts.
- https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/joe-heeney/60/576/7a9 my linkedin page