Who is it for?
If you are running an established business and want to grow your business safely, this is for you.
How does it work?
The club is based around monthly breakfast meetings at Brocket Hall in Hertfordshire, with a networking breakfast followed by workshops, where you can discuss potential solutions to identified issues that can be barriers to growth. Each table in the workshop session will focus on a particular area and is hosted by a Club Ambassador with specialist knowledge in that area, who facilitates discussions and offers advice where appropriate. (See Below for areas covered)
Our approach is to help you to help yourself, by offering solutions that work, enabling you to map a path to follow, and access expert advice and guidance as and when you need it.
Subjects for discussion are identified by Club Ambassadors, Club Members and through surveys conducted with Chamber Members and the broader local business community.
How can you get involved?
As a Chamber Ambassador
This involves an opportunity to attend 10 breakfast meetings a year (meetings are not held in August and December). In addition, we would ask you to bring along 5 paying Club Members to each meeting.
Fees are £500 per annum, payable in advance.
We would expect your role and input to the Business Growth Club to enhance your reputation and profile in the Hertfordshire business community and beyond.
Business networking opportunities from Club activities.
Business opportunities in your areas of expertise that you can follow up with Club members.
Dialogue with other members in the Club’s exclusive LinkedIn Group. (In development)
We are developing a marketing database of all the sizeable companies in Hertfordshire that you can contribute to, have controlled access to, and run campaigns to promote your business through the Chamber.
Appendix – Guidance to Chamber Ambassadors
- We will be clear about the areas where we have relevant experience to offer advice.
- We will not try to be a ‘jack of all trades’ and step into other areas beyond our nominated areas of expertise.
- We will recommend people we know with expertise in other areas to the Club committee, so we can consider how we might engage with them to the benefit Club Members.
- Where a Club Member is introduced by an Ambassador, that relationship will be respected at all times. (No circumvention)
- If there are problems at any time, they will be raised with the Chamber Committee, whose decision is final.
- Becoming an Ambassador for the Chamber means just that, you will at all times act in the best interests of the Chamber, its influence, reputation and financial stability.
- That means not taking the opportunities created by the Business Growth Club and introducing them to anyone outside the Club. See also 4 Above.
Double click on image to enlarge