SENT ON BEHALF OF GRAHAM LANE (LEP)
INVITATION: ‘Releasing our potential’: a Skills Summit for Hertfordshire
Tuesday 16 September, 9am-12pm
Biopark, Welwyn Garden City
To Book Contact:-
Jessie Edwards Administration & Communications Assistant Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership t: 01707 358748
I am writing to inform you of the above Skills Summit which is being organised by both Herts LEP and the County Council.
The objective for the Skills Summit is to provide an opportunity for key stakeholders, including Hertfordshire employers, to present issues impacting the Hertfordshire Skills and Employment agenda. The Summit will allow attendees to discuss and validate concerns, and to identify potential solutions. The information gathered from the Summit will form the basis of a Skills Strategy and associated action plan for Hertfordshire. The summit, which is open to SMEs, large employers, employer representative and key stakeholders within the County provides an opportunity to:
Influence the development of a skills strategy for Hertfordshire
- Direct funding towards skills development that your business needs
- Clarify what will attract employees with high potential to Hertfordshire
- Discuss the roles and value of traineeships and apprenticeships
- Shape initiatives to ensure (young) people get into the right role with associated training
- Hear the results of the skills survey: what skills do businesses need
The event will address employability and skills issues for those in employment as well as for those young people and adults further away from the labour market.
As a member of the Business Forum, I have two requests to make of you:
1) It would be great if you could join us at the Summit to share your views/concerns around the employment and skills landscape in Hertfordshire. Please confirm your attendance by emailing your name and job title to email@example.com
2) We’re keen to make use of your business networks to attract as many employers as possible. If you could suggest 2 or 3 contacts who you think might be interested in attending, and promote the event more broadly to your membership, that would be great.
We see this skills summit as a precursor to establishing a strategy for Hertfordshire and ensuring that the employer’s voice is heard is key to this. Thank you in advance for your support and I look forward to seeing you on the 16th.