Date(s) - 13/12/2016
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
We have been invited by Prof. Hugh Jones at the Bayfordbury Observatory to come and have a look at the Geminids meteor shower, and perhaps a close up of the moon.
Herts Uni have some great equipment, and it will be interesting to see what they are up to.
It is one of the best equipped teaching observatories in the country and features:
- 7 large optical, individually-housed telescopes
- 4 radio telescopes, including an interferometer
- High definition planetarium
- Unrivalled student access both hands on, and remotely
- State-of-the-art technology
For more info see http://www.herts.ac.uk/bayfordbury/bayfordbury-observatory
We may well go for a pint afterwards!!